Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oh, happy day!

It's challenging to remain positive when all you see on the news and read about in the paper is dreary and depressing. That's why I subscribe to the Good News Network. It's free, and their mission is to provide a "Daily Dose of News to Enthuse." The Good News Network is a clearinghouse for the gathering and dissemination of positive news stories from around the globe. Daily stories will confirm what we already believe — that good news itself is not in short supply; the advertising of it is.

Last week I learned about someone else who is making a positive difference from my Daily Candy updates. She's a stationary designer named Tristan Shout Brando, and she created The Bright Side Project: Every day in March there will be a question posed by an accessory designer (coming months will have different themes). One lucky reader with a creative answer will win a creation from said designer. Easy as that. The queries are intended to get people thinking on the — you guessed it — bright side. Think: “How do you define internal peace?”

And in honor of this month's holiday, St. Patrick's Day, I'd like to share a website entirely devoted to rainbow sitings! Appreciating both the precious and mundane qualities of rainbows, the site is offered as a place to visit and revisit for reflection, contemplation, humour and curiosity. The project imagines a growing collection of images documenting those moments when a rainbow appears and wonders what exchanges may be sparked by such a collection.

When you see a rainbow in the sky, do you pause to soak it up?

Choose love and happiness,
Grace

Dislcaimer: Much of the writing in this entry of happy resources was borrowed from various websites to provide accurate mission descriptions.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention and spreading the sunshine!!!

    xx,

    Miss B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a rainbow yesterday. I was sitting in my office (have I mentioned how I love my office? haha) and I looked out the window- and there it was! Stretched from the community's clubhouse over to the golf course. I watched it for a while and it grew more distinct. Then, on the clubhouse end, a second rainbow started, but never fully formed.

    I love rainbows. I've been known to chase them trying to find the ends. They always seem so close- just out of reach....

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tristan,
    Thank YOU for sharing the joy in your own special way!
    Keep up the love,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer,
    Thanks for sharing your rainbow moment with us. The last time I remember seeing a rainbow I was terribly upset that I didn't have my camera with me, but eventually realized that taking a mental image was just as good a way of capturing the experience (if not better).
    Tasting the rainbow,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! Thanks for the info. I'm going to send it on to some rainbow-loving friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly,
    Many heartfelt thanks for all your comments and interest in my new blogging adventure. Please feel free to share the love!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete