Saturday, January 10, 2009

Welcome home!

The house where I grew up in Maine had a lovely screened in porch. I used to sit at the folding table there for hours, coloring with crayons and singing along with my Amy Grant cassette tape at the top of my lungs. And now I practice yoga on the patio behind my apartment building, sometimes flowing with my iPod tunes. I'm ready to share my ideas about life with the world (this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...)! Yoga will be my point of reference for most entries. I invite you to join this front porch community; you're welcome anytime! Settle into an adirondack chair, have some lemonade, and watch the world float by. I challenge you to be an observer by taking a look around and suspending judgement of others- and yourself. There's no pressure to get things done or finish projects when sitting here. I hope you will join in some inspiring conversations, but I also understand if you'd just like to sit quietly. Silence is equally important as sound. Nothing is ever the same on this porch- the temperature goes up and down, the light gets brighter and softer, the people come and go; it is a very dynamic place to be....just like being present to the changes happening in your body while practicing on your mat. Welcome home!

Choose love.
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment